Microsoft Edge Workspaces is a new feature that lets you organize your browsing tasks into dedicated windows, each with its own set of tabs and favorites. You can also share your workspaces with others and collaborate on web pages and documents in real time. In this article, I’ll show you how to use Microsoft Edge Workspaces to plan a trip with your friends.
What you Need
- A Microsoft account
- Microsoft Edge version 106 or greater
- A OneDrive for Business license
- Edge Workspaces enabled (you can do this by downloading the Microsoft Edge policy file and enabling the Edge Workspaces Enabled policy, or by enabling the edge://flags#edge-workspaces flag in Microsoft Edge)
How to Create a Workspace
To create a workspace, follow these steps:
- Click on the Workspaces icon on the toolbar. It looks like a square with four smaller squares inside it.
- Click on the + New Workspace button.
- Give your workspace a name, such as “Trip to Hawaii”.
- Add tabs and favorites to your workspace by browsing the web as usual. You can also drag and drop tabs and favorites from other windows into your workspace.
- To access your workspace later, click on the Workspaces icon again and select it from the list.
How to Share a Workspace
To share a workspace with others, follow these steps:
- Click on the Share icon on the toolbar. It looks like a person with a plus sign next to it.
- Choose how you want to share your workspace: by email, by copying a link, or by generating a QR code.
- Send the invitation to your friends and ask them to join your workspace.
How to Collaborate in a Workspace
To collaborate in a workspace with others, follow these steps:
- Join a shared workspace by clicking on the link or scanning the QR code you received from the creator.
- Sign in with your Microsoft account if prompted.
- You can now see the same tabs and favorites as the creator and other collaborators. You can also add new tabs and favorites, or edit existing ones.
- To create or edit a document in your workspace, click on the Office icon on the toolbar. It looks like a blue square with four white icons inside it.
- Choose what type of document you want to create: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or OneNote.
- A new document will open in a new tab in your workspace. You can edit it online with your collaborators using Office Online.
- To save your document, click on the File menu and choose Save As. You can save it to OneDrive or download it to your device.
How to Manage Your Workspaces
To manage your workspaces, follow these steps:
- Click on the Workspaces icon on the toolbar and select Manage workspaces from the menu.
- You can see all your workspaces and their details, such as name, collaborators, tabs, favorites, and documents.
- You can also rename, delete, or leave a workspace by clicking on the three dots next to it and choosing the appropriate option.
Microsoft Edge Workspaces is a great feature that can help you stay organized and productive online. You can use it to create dedicated spaces for different tasks or projects and share them with others for easy collaboration. Whether you’re planning a trip, working on a report, or researching a topic, you can use Microsoft Edge Workspaces to make your browsing experience more efficient and enjoyable.
I hope you found this article helpful and learned how to use Microsoft Edge Workspaces. If you have any questions or feedback, please let me know in the comments below.